We are privileged to have the walls of the Library graced with the work of guest artists. The following guidelines help this practice continue.
- The Library is not responsible for theft, loss, or damage to art hung in the Library. It is the responsibility of the artist to insure his or her work.
- The artist must be present while his or her artwork is installed or removed. The artist may delegate this responsibility to a representative; provide the name of this person or persons in writing to the University Librarian.
- Only Campus Services employees may assist with the installation or removal of artwork. Due to liability issues, library workers cannot assist with this activity.
- All art installations must be coordinated with, and approved by, the University Librarian.
- The Library cannot broker the sale of artwork provided by artists. However, artists may provide price and contact information for their artwork.
- Prior to installation, the artist will provide the Library with a memo acknowledging the above. Please include the approximate dates the installation will be installed and removed, and contact information for the artist. Also provide a manifest listing each piece of art with its title, date, and medium.